I knew this had been a long week, but I didn't quite realise how long it had felt until I turned to Adam and mentioned his birthday, two weeks ago? No, reader, it was only last Sunday. Weekly roundup incoming!
- Remember how I said my donked ankle was on the mend? It still is, and I haven't injured myself further at all this week! This might be a new record for how long I've gone without injuring myself in some minor way.
- LOST update: haven't had time to watch it this week, but I miss it. I have theories that: the island is in the Bermuda triangle, and Charlie and Claire are going to hook up, as are Jack and Kate.
- The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake that I baked for Adam's birthday went down great with everyone who tried it!
- Celebrated nine months with Adam by joining him for an afternoon at Platf9rm and making an amazing massaman curry - we put so much peanut butter in. As Adam said at the time:
It's like if you were eating peanut butter but that wasn't messy and impractical
- On Thursday I got my second Pfizer vaccination! It's left me feeling thoroughly broken (this is what it was like the first time around), this time I've felt incredibly fatigued and all of my muscles have ached. Even ones I didn't know I had! Obviously I'm beyond grateful to have been vaccinated and I know feeling like this is nothing compared to having Covid, but it's still been a bit of a trying few days.
- Adam, our friend Geeta and I had an incredible lunch at The Gardener, an incredible pay as you feel café run by The Real Junk Food Project (TRJFP) in North Laine. We had these Buddha bowls with satay tofu, which was delicious enough by itself but made even better by knowing that the food we had would have just gone to landfill without the work of TRJFP.
- Thankfully I felt well enough yesterday afternoon to spend a few hours at the park with some friends - four of us met up, some meeting in person for the first time, and had a picnic and some tins and it was probably the most socialising I've done in more than a year. We're all feeling very worn out today, and it was only a few hours!
- I've got a baptism date pencilled in for May 30, and I'm very excited about it. Planning to do a mid-week blog post one day with my testimony, so keep an eye out for that if it's your kind of thing 🙏
- I had a lot (12) of job rejections this week, as well as an interview where I was really messed around. I know it's just that I've applied to a lot of jobs, and it seems like everyone I know who's actively looking right now has had the same deal this week, but it's still been a big knock on my confidence. I keep reminding myself that the right job will come at the right time, and I just need to have faith in that. But if anyone happens to see any cool looking reporter roles, hmu! I'm especially interested in entertainment, news and roles with a lot of researching.
- On a similar note, I finally signed up to the NUJ - if you have a union, sign up to it! If you don't have one, make one!
- And finally, I was nominated at the National Diversity Awards two weeks ago! Very grateful for all the support I've had with this - it's part nomination, part judging panel so if you'd like to vote for me please click here.
Next week brings a much-needed bank holiday, seeing my mum again for the first time since Boxing Day and my first ever Brighton Festival event.