Week 27 and 28
She’s funemployed and busy!
She’s funemployed and busy!
- LOST update: soon!!
- July 5 saw the start of my final week at the paper! It was a hectic four days, and I received so many lovely emails and calls from people I’ve worked with which made me feel like I’d really made a difference during the last two years.
- Adam and I had dinner at Mrs Fitzherbert’s which was fine (they seemed to not have anything we wanted lmao) and lunch at Namul which was amazing Korean food. Adam’s now hooked on the cinnamon drink we tried there.
- I had dinner and with with my lovely friend Gemma - she’s been in Brighton for university for the last two years and it’s been such a joy getting to see her outside of our hometown.
- I celebrated my last day at the paper with drinks with Xav at the Charles Street Tap, the first pub we went to in town. I got very drunk and had to cut myself out of a children’s tutu with Xav’s keys, so you could say I had a great night.
- Emptied out my work locker on Friday - the contents of it were absolutely not worth the £8.20 bus ticket.
- I had my implant removed on Friday! After the traumatic appointment last time I was very nervous, and grateful that Adam was there, but I didn’t need to be. The nurse was so lovely and reassuring, and it all went so well and she understood what I meant when I said it just didn’t feel right.
- On Saturday, Adam and I spent the entire day baking for the baptism, and mum and my godmother Lottie came to mine to stay the night.
- Sunday was an amazing day, I was so grateful that so many of my friends were able to make it and we had a lovely picnic in Pavilion Gardens. Afterwards we hung out on the beach for a while, before getting the Volks to mine (Adam and I went straight home afterwards to nap because we were so tired). Feeling very lucky!
- Monday 12 was a lot of organising my flat, Tuesday 13 was a big day because my Otty mattress arrived. And reader, it’s incredible. Adam got the same one a few weeks ago and I slept on it before I got mine. It was fine, but not the same as being in my room with my bedding. I woke up on Wednesday having slept like a baby, it was such a needed upgrade.
- We had dinner at Planet India (I’m obsessed with the bhel puri and onion bhajis) which was lovely as ever, and on Friday we had lunch with our friends Bassey at… Namul, again! It’s that good. We also had lunch at Iydea on Thursday which was fine except I’m pretty sure they made my iced oat latte hot and poured it over ice and took the ice away? Very weird but still nice food.
- On Saturday we travelled down to Wareham to meet Adam’s grandparents who were absolute delights. We took them for lunch and then hung out in town for a few hours, rented a rowing boat (I got sunburnt) and had some very good vegan mint choc chip ice cream. I then went to see Humphrey and Dolly with mum, and went home ahead of a wedding on Monday! And I spent all of today melting in the heat.
Next week: the wedding, an appointment about fancy hearing aids with Sussex Audiology Centre, and a vegan market!