Final week of my job, and some big news...
- LOST update: none watched! But soon, it'll happen.
- I spent a lot of this week feeling ill and rundown, I think I'd been doing so much that my body just said 'no, you're ill now' to make me stop.
- I celebrated 11 months with Adam - we spent Friday evening looking at quirky places we could go for a few nights next month. If anyone has any suggestions that are rail and bus accessible, I'm all ears!
- On Wednesday I saw my lovely friend Tris, went for lunch at Wai Kika Moo Kau, and had a nice catch-up while walking around North Laine.
- On Thursday I had my first ever filling, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. More expensive, mind! But I've now signed up to, I swear, the ONLY dentist in Brighton accepting NHS patients, so I'm not dropping hundreds for a check-up.
- Friday was my final NQJ exam, which I think went well. It was a weird story to write up about a motocross track being built by a housing estate for teenagers who were getting in trouble and needed keeping off the streets basically, but I feel confident that I did well. I find out in a few weeks - fingers crossed!
- On Saturday I saw my friend Maia, who I met a few weeks ago on a walking tour of Brighton. It was her birthday, so we drank some really good beer at the Bierhaus (incidentally where mine and Adam's first date nearly was) and found a beer that Adam actually liked the taste of, which was shocking to everyone.
- Lots of planning for my baptism on the 11th - my mum has planned four different salads, some dips, samosas, fruit, cheese straws- she's basically somehow catering this potluck picnic, complete with a gazebo, a trolley, and two trestle tables with their own tablecloths, and I love her for it.
- Nearly forgot to mention - I bought a new mattress! I was going to wait until I moved in with Adam, but two things happened to make me order sooner: he bought one, and it's really good; my back is aching and my shoulder injury from a couple of years ago keeps playing up when it didn't use to. It's an Otty, and I'm waiting with baited breath for my delivery slot.
- And finally, most importantly... I got offered a job! That interview I mentioned with Lloyd Russell-Moyle, MP for Kemptown, went so well that they offered me the job on Friday. I finish my current job on Thursday, July 8, and I start my new job in August, so I'll have almost a month off to relax, take a proper break for the first time in ages, and get ready for an exciting new job. I'll have one day a week in Parliament, which I'm very excited about, and I can't wait to see what this job has in store.
Next week: final day at the paper, getting my implant removed (hopefully for real this time), and getting baptised!