The last two weeks have been manic and busy, hence the double billing of weeknotes.
- LOST update: squeezed an episode in!
- Handmaid's Tale: LOVED the end of the season. Only problem is I don’t want to have to wait a year for season five.
- Adam and I had lunch together in Lewes one afternoon, at the Pestle and Mortar. We had an incredible bánh mì with tofu and avocado, and even managed to snag the only table in the shade on a very hot day.
- We’ve been going to a lot of Fringe shows: Foghorns and William Blake which we both loved; Retrain, Reduce, Recycle which was diabolical enough that we left after 10 minutes; and Lily Philips: Smut which was the best work in progress show we’ve both seen this year. I also got a refund from my Brighton Festival tickets where the hearing loop devices weren’t charged or working, which I really appreciated.
- I’m moving into Adam’s by the end of August which we’re both really excited about, so when my mum came to stay for the weekend we made curry at Adam’s and it gave her a chance to see the flat. As an aside, if anyone has any comfortable sofa recommendations, please do let me know!
- Also when mum visited I basically recreated the previous Sunday, taking us on the Volks and having a really good brown sugar iced latte from Nomad Café. If I could do that every single Sunday after church I’d be elated (cc: Adam).
- Two weeks until my baptism! I’ve got godparents, a dress, a guest list and now I’m just coming up with post-baptism plans. I’m thinking maybe a potluck vegan picnic in the park...
- Had a LOT of job rejections, which has knocked me hard, but I’m going to take a week or two off after my job ends in two weeks to relax and decompress, which I hope will help. Any holiday time I’ve taken the last two years has still been stressful, because I still have to do all the work and can’t just hand it off to someone, so this is much needed. If anyone happens to see any reporter roles that seem like a good fit, please do let me know.
This week: seeing Xav on Thursday for 2 for 1 margaritas and tacos, going home for the weekend to see mum and the kittens, and a trip to Glastonbury with mum and my godmother-to-be!