First week back at work, and it's felt like an impossibly long week with the quickest weekend. A lot has happened!
- LOST update: watched episodes 10 and 11 at the weekend and I'm LOVING the horror-esque vibe with Ethan not being one of the crash survivors. Such a cool and creepy concept. Also still finding it very wholesome and good that Hurley is essentially the one driving the plot and exposition. What a man.
- Appreciating that The Handmaid's Tale comes out weekly, because it's, at times, a very tough show to watch. Not one that does you any good to binge, in my opinion.
- Finished reading Small Pleasures which I bought last week. Really enjoyed this; it felt nice to read a slow paced book for the first time since Little Women back in October. I really enjoy a nicely medium paced book, but sometimes reading ones that focus more on the minutiae is good too. Moving on to The Vanishing Half and The Testaments next - both at the same time, because I don't like just having one book on the go.
- I also bought this really cool copy of the Gospels from Raining Books in Trafalgar Street for 20p! Really enjoying the shillings price on the dust jacket and the sticker on the inside.
- I had three friends round for dinner in my garden on Wednesday evening! It was the first time I'd properly entertained people in my 'new' flat and it was such a lovely evening.
- I had my implant removed and reinserted, but I've been feeling very weird about having it back in and I think I'm going to get it removed. I haven't been an adult without extra hormones so I think I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like. If anyone has any experiences to share about this, it would be great to hear about them.
- I had to go to audiology on Thursday, and had the most incredible appointment with an audiologist who was so kind and friendly that I emailed in afterwards to gush about her. She really seemed to love her job and care about making it more accessible for younger people who need audiology services, and I left feeling really supported.
- I also went out for dinner with a friend on Thursday, to Shelter Hall on the seafront that has lots of different restaurants inside of it. The bao buns were so good, I've really been enjoying anything to do with peanut butter or satay at the moment so they really hit the spot.
- I met a friend's puppy, who is so impossibly tiny that I was terrified the whole time about us losing him. He's an ANGEL.
- Adam and I went out for dinner at Food For Friends, a restaurant we love in Brighton. The food, as always, was incredible; although it was nice eating outside, I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to eating inside restaurants from today.
- We also went out for lunch with our lovely friend Bassey - had some amazing bruschetta at Fatto a Mano, which I highly recommend.
- This is good enough to deserve its own point - I made some incredible soda bread today for the first time in a month or two.
- Still applying for lots of jobs, had a weird interview where I was talked out of it by the recruiter because of needing to travel up to London twice a week? It had very weird vibes. If anyone happens to see any reporter roles that seem like a good fit, please do let me know!
- I've mentioned this before, but my nomination at the National Diversity part nomination, part judging panel. Very thankful to all the support I've had so far - if you'd like to vote for me please click here.
Next week: seeing my mum, going to a pottery night, and (hopefully) a job interview or two!