I know what you're thinking - starting a blog a third of the way through 2021 is not how New Year's Resolutions are meant to go. And yet, here we are!
My plan is to do a weekly roundup on Monday every week, and then some more in-depth posts as and when. So on that note...
- Absolutely donked my ankle just over a week ago, but it's on the mend. Had a few hours in Brighton's A&E department which makes me and Adam 3-0 on visits!
- I've been watching LOST for the first time, against the advice of my mum and encouraged by some friends. We're only on 1.8, but my favourites already are Sayid, Charlie, and Hurley (he gives excellent exposition) and I think Jack is a dead ringer for Adam Sandler.
- I baked The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake for Adam's birthday, with one of my oldest friends Gemma, which was a really easy recipe to follow and turned out pretty well!
- Celebrated Adam's birthday on Sunday, April 25 with a homemade vegan brunch, the first run of Brighton Vegang merch and the last (for now) Quaranstream. We also went to the incredible Planet India on Saturday night which was our first dinner out since my birthday in December - we ordered a ridiculous amount of curry and it was, as always, incredible.
- Last but not least, I've been nominated at the National Diversity Awards! Very grateful to all the support I've had with this - it's part nomination, part judging panel so if you'd like to vote for me please click here.
This week will bring with it repaired glasses (!!!) tomorrow, celebrating nine months with Adam on Wednesday, lots of gardening, second vaccination on Thursday, and more volunteering with Sussex Homeless Support (if my ankle lets me!).